this recipe on
2 thick cut, bone-in pork chops
Kosher salt, pepper and dried thyme (to taste)
2 Tb Olive Oil
2 shallots, diced
3 peaches, pitted and sliced
2 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp blue agave nectar
½ tsp salt
Dry red pepper flakes (to taste)
½ c. chicken broth
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Tb butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Season the pork chops on both sides with kosher salt, pepper and thyme
- Heat oil in oven safe pan on high until lightly smoking (if don't have oven safe pan, when it is time for the oven portion of cooking transfer to oven safe dish. Do not wipe out the pan)
- Cook pork chop side 1 for 4-5 minutes or until brown
- Flip and cook side 2 for 4-5 minutes or until brown
- Finish in oven for about 8 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 145 degrees
- Transfer pork to plate and foil (do not wipe out the pan)
- Lower heat to med-low and add diced shallots, cook until soft
- Add sliced peaches, lemon zest, agave, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook until peaches soften slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice and butter. Stir until butter melts and sauce comes to a simmer. Simmer 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon peaches and sauce over pork to serve.