this recipe on
1 cup Jersey Fresh peaches, chopped
¾ cup sugar
½ cup butter, softened (1 stick)
1 Jersey Fresh egg
½ cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1½ tsp baking powder
1½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, sour cream and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add baking soda then stir flour into creamed mixture until just moistened.
- Fold in the peaches and walnuts or pecans.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-quarters full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or until the muffins test done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
Yield: one dozen light, delicate muffins.
Contributed by: Marina Stewart, Newfield, NJ