this recipe on
5 Jersey Fresh eggs, beaten until thick and lemon colored
½ cup raisins
1½ cups half-and-half
¼ cup orange juice
½ cup light brown sugar
2 TBS melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
2 cups Jersey Fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
4 cups good quality white bread cubes, crusts removed
½ cup seedless Jersey Fresh raspberry or blueberry preserves
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Add in half-and-half, oj, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and whisk. Slowly mix in peaches.
- In a buttered 2-quart casserole, arrange bread cubes & raisins to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Pour egg/peach mixture over bread cubes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until knife comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Heat preserves in microwave for 30-60 seconds, drizzle on top of the pudding.
Serve warm. Serves 8.
Contributed by: Suzanna M. Patishnock, Piscataway, NJ