this recipe on
1 ½ -2 cups self-rising flour
½ cup sugar
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
1 ½ tsp shortening (Crisco)
¾ cup milk
3 quarts peaches (prepared & Sliced)
3 cups water
3 cups sugar
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 stick butter, diced
Cinnamon & sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Mix first 5 ingredients to make dough & knead using extra flour. Flatten dough & cut into strips.
- Mix 3 qts. of peaches, water & sugar in saucepan. Cook over medium heat until light syrup appears.
- Add ¾ cup brown sugar. Mix until sugar dissolves. Pour into baking dish. Dot with 1 stick butter.
- Weave strips into a lattice over peaches. Sprinkle with cinnamon, sugar.
- Bake approximately 50 to 60 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of New Jersey Peach Promotion Council