this recipe on
2 medium Jersey Fresh eggplants, peeled and cut each into 8 rounds
1 pound part-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
salt & pepper
1 16-ounce jar Jersey Fresh marinara (such as Jersey Natural's Mia Cucina Marinara Sauce)
1-1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
Jersey Fresh parsley
- Salt & sweat eggplant for at least 10 minutes
- Combine ricotta, parmesan and italian seasoning in a mixing bowl; mix well and set aside
- Rinse eggplant slices and let dry on paper towels
- Place eggplant slices on broiler pan, brush with oil and salt & pepper, repeat on both sides
- Broil several at a time until both sides are lightly browned and tender but firm.
- Oil a large baking dish and coat bottom with sauce.
- Match up like sized eggplant slices and make "sandwiches" by layering cheese mixture between two eggplant slices.
- Place sandwiches in baking dish, then top with another layer of sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake at 350° F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley