this recipe on
1 Large head Jersey Fresh Broccoli (stalks trimmed)
2 Large Jersey Fresh carrots
4 Tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced in rounds
¼ cup slivered almonds
- Cut stalk of broccoli from florets. Peel the stalk and cut the stalk into 1/4-inch rounds.
- Cut head of broccoli into florets.
- In a large wok, toast almonds until golden, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add olive oil, add garlic and sliced stalks and sliced carrots. Saute, until garlic turns golden and stalks & carrots start to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the florets and continue cooking another 2 minutes.
- Cook broccoli until crisp tender, about 3 minutes more.
- Season with salt.
- Stir in toasted almonds and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Nikki Steward