this recipe on
3 cups Jersey Fresh blueberries
1 lemon, zested and juiced
3 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup chia seeds
- Bring blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice and honey to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the blueberries begin to burst, about 5 minutes.
- Use a wooden spoon to lightly mash about half of the berries to release their juices.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until juices are released by half, 5-10 minutes.
- Remove jam from heat. Taste and add more honey if you prefer it sweeter.
- Return to a boil, then stir in chia seeds. Cook 1 minute to soften seeds.
- Let jam cool slightly, then transfer to heatproof jars. Cover and let cool completely. Chill until ready to use.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Weeks (@jerseygirl_rachael on instagram)