Tips For Visiting a Pick Your Own Farm
- Remember that when you visit a farm, you are a welcome visitor. Like many farms, it is both the family's home and business. Respect their property;
- Read and obey all signs. Follow directions about where and what to pick;
- Supervise children at all times and be careful around ponds and other bodies of water;
- Wear shoes, shirts and other proper clothing at all times;
- Protect yourself from the sun by wearing a sunscreen and a hat;
- Leave all pets at home;
- Be sure to place all litter in the proper trash receptacles;
- Keep head, arms, hands and legs inside when riding in farm wagons. Remain seated until the wagon stops;
- Enjoy yourself and have fun!
- Enter buildings that are not open to the public;
- Throw or damage produce;
- Climb on or touch farm tools and equipment. Many machines have sharp edges and moving parts;
- Climb trees or step on fruits and vegetables in the field;
- Frighten or hurt farm animals.